Saturday, July 9, 2016

The Rest of the Story

I was scrolling through my own Instagram account the other day, (am I the only one who does that?) and had to laugh over the back-story's of most of my photos. Even a picture and a short caption doesn't give you the whole picture. Hopefully, we are all aware of the dangers of believing we know a person because of their Instagram posts. A good filter and properly placed emojis can make any situation seem desirable. The lives we see in those endless streams of squares are nothing but moments, seconds really, of somebody's journey. May we never over-estimate others and under-estimate ourselves because of a bunch of deceiving boxes:) Your worth and potential is not restricted to the frames of a picture, but extends infinitely in any direction you set your eyes on. With that in mind, I picked 5 of my favorite photos and gave you wonderful people 'the rest of the story.' Things your double-tapping thumb would never have considered on its way down the feed. Enjoy :)



Caption: Read above.
Rest of the story: This is really not as hard as it might look. The instructor even did a little pushing and pulling to get everybody up there. And despite what it looks like, I don't have my middle splits completely flat. I think it is just because my legs are pushed a little bit in front of my body by the silks. Also, this is the only remotely cool thing we could do haha. Most of the class consisted of flailing arms and legs, awkward grunts, and falling off of stuff. By the end of it, my arm muscles were shaking SO BAD. Driving home was somewhat precarious due to my inability to even hold on to the steering wheel. They continued to hurt like crazy for about a week afterward. Like really, I couldn't even muster the strength to pull up my pants. But all's well that ends well,  with a cool picture, right?
Caption on Instagram: "I'm a little late, but Women's Conference was beautiful. I can't even count the number of times the words spoken at this pulpit have inspired my mind, lifted my heart, and helped me feel God's love. My anticipation for the remaining sessions leaves a quiet, tingling joy in my heart."
Rest of the story: I wasn't just my post that was late. We underestimated the time it would take to park the car, and slipped in just before the first speaker began. The opening numbers and prayers were lost to us. My love and enthusiasm expressed in the caption is 100% genuine, but I was a bit flustered and frustrated from being late. Ah well, lesson in parking learned.
Caption on Instagram: "'Even now my heart has begun to glow over the memory of the exuberant joy that accompanies a perfectly twirled triple pirouette. Whether in the cool morning of a Saturday rehearsal or under the lights of a final performance, there is something undeniably sublime about dance.' Reflecting on one of my favorite and sharply missed passions. Click the link in my bio girls (and Connor :)) and let's remember Spring Concert for a minute."

Rest of the story: Cool shot right? Yeah it took SO MANY jumps to get this just right. I was huffing, puffing and sweaty by the time we got a good one. And for you non-dancers, that front foot is what we called 'sickling.' Not supposed to be pointing upward like that. And just for kicks and giggles, this was the picture I was trying to mimic off Pinterest. I sort of, kind of , ish  did it right? Haha not even! That girl could be in a shampoo commercial!

Caption on Instagram: "If you squint a little bit you can see my name on here :) Logan life is a good life and I'm in love with Autumn :)"
Rest of the Story: Does anybody notice the error here? It is staring us all in the face. See if you can figure it out before I clue you in. No? There is a misspelled word in the headline. The headline! *Heroes* not Heros. In my defense, I did not write that headline. I submitted what I thought to be a perfectly good title and the news editors came up with this one, didn't clear it with me first and then printed the thing. Oh well, at least I came up with a cool angle for the picture right?

Caption on Instagram: "I'm walking on sunshine over here! anybody want to come?;) #graduation:):):)"

Rest of the story: My talented friend Becca Manning took these pictures in the lovely peach orchards behind her house. Sounds cute right? Well it almost was. As we are walking down the hill into the orchard I tripped, and went down hard. To be fair, I was wearing heels and carrying a chair to use in the pictures but still. #clutz  It left the bottom of my left leg scraped and bleeding. You could even see the blood in the picture I sent out with my graduation announcements if you know where to look. And I even have a little scar on my foot from the incident. And if all that wasn't enough, Jon Moore had come along to help with the pictures.  And Jon Moore is hot. Plain and simple people. Tripped and bleeding in front of the eye-candy of Kaysville. Its fine. 



I could go on, as could every Instagram user, explaining my pictures, but I'll stop with these. Just remember, no matter how many times a person posts, you don't know the full picture. So just keep lovin' yo sassy self. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this. I love you.
    Also, count me as a second witness- Jon Moore is indeed hot. The kind of hot that gets you off the couch and chick flick and too the high school party hot. The kind of hot that makes you excited for 1st period with him. The kind of hot that you don't want to trip in front of!

    ReplyDelete