Sunday, August 7, 2016

Sabbath Delight: Sunday Walks

I woke up to the beauty that is falling rain during a hot, hot summer. The faucet turned off and on all day long keeping the air cool and refreshing. It was a welcome change from the heat of early August. Water droplets danced playfully through the swirl of cotton-candy pink and baby-boy blue clouds that filled the sky. Rainbows formed and then melted away as if on orchestrated cues. Pockets of sunshine wiggled their way through the scene, making my mountains take life and glow. Thunder laughed along as it crackled confidently in the not-so-distance. Flashing artworks of lightening stole my breath and attention, anxiously I awaited the next brief preview of blinding light. A daring solo amongst the beauty. Then we joined the dance. Though feet on the ground, we strolled through the sky. The warm rain splattering on our heads-- a clear invitations to join in the fun. Each breath is delicious and clear.

Sunday walks with my family are something I will treasure forever. Amy and I will sometimes walk for twenty or thirty minutes if we have time. It is fun to talk and wave to neighbors, and complete strangers. I hope our energetic smiling and waving have brightened someone's day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment