Thursday, May 26, 2016

Laced with the Light

Journal Entry
April 14, 2016

This morning I was in a foul temperament from the moment I woke up. Everything and everyone was bothering me to the point of explosion and I didn't really even know the reason why. I got nothing done in the morning and snapped at Leeann. Then my stomach was hurting and I felt nauseous during all of my classes. It was slushy and wet outside and my boots are useless. There were squishy noises coming from my socks with each step. I got home and watched Fixer-Upper and took a quick nap. It wasn't until I had cleaned the apartment and eaten some good food that my mind and outlook began to pick up. During all that time darkness won over every though in my head. Every aspect of a mission seemed impossible. My roommate relationships were frustrating and far below what I hoped they would be. I didn't feel like going to the temple, praying or anything else.

But that passed.

I perked back up and the sun came out (literally)! Before heading back to the library I knelt and prayed for forgiveness of my short comings that morning. I asked for God's help in making the rest of the day worth it, because I really wanted it to! I felt His love swell inside me--God wants to help us as we help ourselves. Each thought was now laced with the light of God's love. He wants us to be happy, that is why He gave us the gift of repentance. The gift of helping us to change. Hope is so important, it is a commandment! We will never try to change if there is no hope within us to start and then keep that train moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment