Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sabbath Delights: Weekday thoughts

I hope you have realized how much I love the Sabbath day by now. If not, let me give you another reason. On Sunday, at least for me, the thoughts (good and bad) and impressions I had during the week always seem to come together and their higher purpose illuminated. I am able to look back on experiences and better see them for what they were. Things that I deemed insignificant reveal their importance. I testify of dear President Packer's words: "There is a process by which pure intelligence can flow, by which we can come to know of a surety, nothing doubting." I feel I have experienced, at least in small part, that flow of pure of intelligence. And I have found it to be the most desirable experience of my life.

Today I was reminded of a fleeting thought I had in the Logan Temple on Saturday. It was special at the time, but became even more so as I pondered over it today. Saturday morning brought a 5:30 AM wake up call to go to the temple with my roommate Chrystal and two of her friends. It was a beautiful morning, and miraculously I didn't feel the least bit tired. As a matter of fact, I was filled with happiness the second my confused brain could wake up and remember why I was getting up before the sun. In the dressing room of the baptistery, there was this sweet, elderly temple worker sitting in a chair in the corner. I'm not sure what her actual assignment was; she seemed to just sit and smile and offer direction when needed. As I walked past her, I felt a lot of love wrap around my heart. Here was a humble, covenant-keeping woman serving simply as she had been asked to, in a small corner of the Logan, Utah temple. She was not addressing a large crowd, or planning a large event, or even orchestrating that baptistery. This sweet lady was sitting, smiling and offering pure service, in a locker room. The Spirit whispered to me that her sacrifice was just as appreciated, accepted and honored by the Savior than any other more noticeable calling. Service to the Lord is service. Visibility does not equal value. :) 

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" ~Mosiah 2:17

You never know what you'll learn at the temple eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment