Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sabbath Delights: Reaching my reaches

Sacrament meeting may very well be my favorite hour of the week. I really mean that. Today was especially sweet. My reachings were reached, if you know what I mean. The questions, concerns, and problems that had made a home in my head were touched and calmed. The things so far back that I had forgotten that they are not permanent residents, but learning experiences making their way through were hurried along. When our hearts are prepared, the sacrament ordinance has the same feeling of peace as the temple.

That preparation is what I would like to touch on briefly here today. The last speaker in sacrament meeting had some beautiful thoughts on the matter that really spoke true to me. His overall point was this: The Sabbath is a delight when we have revelatory experiences. In order to have revelatory experiences, we need to prepare ourselves spiritually. I can testify to that sincerely. Feeling close to God is the greatest delight you will ever have in your life. Here is small list of ideas for being prepared for Sunday:

  •  Don't stay up too late on Saturday, even if you have one o'clock church. Being able to wake up comfortably and having a calm morning is important. Give yourself time to eat a solid breakfast and pray sincerely.
  • Think over the week before you get to church. This was something I hadn't though of before. Examine yourself over the past few days and see where you need to pray for forgiveness and strength. Doing this ahead of time will keep you more focused during the meeting.
  • Pray, pray, pray. Give your full heart into the prayer given over the pulpit. Be apart of that supplication to Heavenly Father.
  • Turn your phone on airplane mode. Yep, do it before you get to church. That way you can still use your scriptures without the distraction of emails and notifications.
I know, that really is short list. But I can testify that if you will ponder over how to be prepared for Sunday you will know what to do. Your reachings can be reached.

Thanks for reading this, consider yourself loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment